Thursday 23 April 2020

He Wero nā Whaea Jude

Whaea Jude challenged us all to create something to share with the people in the Allen Bryant Rest Home. She set us this challenge because the people living there are not even allowed to go for a walk outside, and their families are not allowed to visit them. Pōtiki has written a kind, thoughtful letter which is sure to cheer up anyone who sees it. Kia ora Pōtiki, ka awhi koe i a rātou - you are helping others.

Everyone is invited to create something to send. (We can't actually post it, we have to email it and then they will print it at the rest home). Draw, write, paint or create, then take a photo and email it to tiff@hokitika.school.nz and I will pass it on to Whaea Jude, and also share it below!

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora e te whaanau ko Sterling tooku ingoa,
    I really like your your paperwork on the house that yous have drawn, it is very colourful and bright. I 2 questions?
    Did you like what you have created?
    What is the photo on the last slide?
    Kakite anoo Sterling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Sterling. Pōtiki found a photo of a quokka from Western Australia. It does have a face that looks happy. Nā Hākui Kata

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora, Rawiri here and I just wanna say has your school been having fun in level 4, level 3 and level 2 since isolation. Since level two itś been fun because I can play with my class mates again and the work that my class does is pretty cool.
    Is it more fun at school doing work or is it more fun playing games?
    Can you do more things at home or school?
    Thats all for today and let us keep close together not wide apart - Waiho I te taipoto kaua I te toiroa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.